At Heart After God, I believe your privacy is important. The following statement applies to my collection, use, and sharing of the personal information I receive from visitors and users of my website.
Personal Information that is collected by use of this website
Where appropriate, you may be asked to submit your name, email address and other details to assist your user experience of this website.
When do I collect information?
- I collect information from you when you comment on my site, subscribe to an email list, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information anywhere on my site.
- Provide feedback on services I provide on this website.
How do I use your information?
I may use the information collected from you when you register, purchase, subscribe to my email list, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse my site, or use certain features in the following ways:
- To improve website functionality.
- Process your transactions efficiently.
- Send emails regarding products or services I may suggest or provide.
How do I protect your information?
- I will never ask for your credit card information.
- I use Malware Scanning from my web hosting service.
- Your personal information is contained within secured networks, only accessible by those with special access rights and are required to keep the information confidential.
- All sensitive information supplied is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Do I use ‘cookies’?
- Compile site traffic data and interactions to enhance user experience.
- I may use trusted third-party services that track this information on my behalf.
- Depending on the browser you are using, go to your Help Menu to understand the correct way to modify or disable your cookies settings.
- Please remember this may affect certain features of this site.
I do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your PII unless I provide you advanced notice. This does not include website hosting partners or other parties who assist the operation of this website, conducting of my business, or serving the users of this site so long as those parties agree to keep all informational confidential. I may release information when appropriate to comply with the law, enforce site policies, or protect mine or others’ rights, property, or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other related purposes.
Sharing buttons are provided on this site which are provided by plugins operated and managed by a third party. By click on these share buttons, certain information may be stored by the service operating the plugin according to their terms of service and use.
I include and offer third party products and services on this website. These third parties have their own separate privacy policies. I have no liability for the content and activity of these linked sites. The integrity of my site is important however and I would appreciate notice and feedback about these third party sites because they are indirectly associated with this site.
I, as well as third parties such as Google, use first party cookies (Google Analytics cookies) and third party cookies (DoubleClick cookie) or other third party identifiers to collect data regarding interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to my website.
Should you wish to opt out, please visit the Google Ad settings page for setting your personal preferences for how Google advertises to you.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
In compliance with CalOPPA, I agree to the following:
- Users may visit this site anonymously.
- I have provided a link on the home page or as a minimum, on the first significant page of this site.
Can change your personal information:
- By emailing myself.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Heart After God does not knowingly collect information or market to children under the age of 16. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act or COPPA puts parents solely in control of the protection of their children’s information. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which outlines what website operators and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles is a safeguard to ensure the fair and safe practice of protecting private information. In order that Heart After God is in line with Fair Trade Information practices, I will take the following action if a data breach is to occur:
I will notify you via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 1 business day
I also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law regarding the rules of commercial email. It outlines requirements for commercial messages, provides email recipients the right to unsubscribe from emails being sent, and outlines penalties for violations.
I collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Market to my mailing list.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, I agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Unsubscribing from emails
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and you will be removed.
- E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will personally take you off of my subscription list.
Last updated: 20th October 2018